»

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Delicious Black Bean Brownies

So I was really bored today after having cleaned the whole house and done some laundry. Aubree and I have been outside almost everyday so I figured it would be nice to take a day of break and just spend the day in the lovely air conditioned house. So I went on Pinterest and decided to look for some new recipes. I came across this recipe for black bean brownies. I've seen these recipes on there all the time but I've never thought about trying it. I actually had some black beans though for once. So I thought hey what the heck. If I don't like them I know Aubree will eat them. She eats just about pretty much anything. But I really loved them! They are so yummy and they are so much healthier than regular brownies. 

Here's the recipe :)

1 can of rinsed and drained black beans
2-3 tbsp of peanut butter depending on how much you want in it
2 eggs
4 tbsp coconut oil
4 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 350.

Put the black beans in a blender or food processor and blend until they are smooth. Then add the rest of the ingredients and blend until thoroughly mixed. Put it in a 9 inch cake pan. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. 



Josh even liked them and he isn't the type to try new things. I don't know if I will ever make brownies from a box again now that I know this recipe.
Pin It

1 comment: