»

Thursday, August 2, 2012

What An AMAZING Day!

Today was simply amazing! I didn't have anything extremely awesome happen to be, but I am definitely  having miracles worked. Today, I had my placement testing for college this fall. I was a little bit worried, because it has now been 6 years that I have been out of school for, and I didn't want to get stuck in all the beginner's classes. I was the first one to finish the test, like always. I've always been book smart in school. Anyways, I did awesome, I tested to the highest English class and to the Algebra class that is a requirement for the radiography program. I go Monday to take the computer skills test and then I go Wednesday to meet with my advisor and register for classes! I'm really excited. When I finish I will be the first one to graduate from college in my family. That's a big step. Especially when I need to do it for Aubree. I don't want to have to struggle to buy her what she wants and needs as she grows up. I would like to give her opportunities that I never got. I'd love for her to do gymnastics and play softball or volleyball and do the girl scouts. I want her to be able to do all those activities.

Also, I had a job interview at a restaurant on Sunday after church. She didn't really ask me any questions but basically told me what I would need to buy and that she would call me when the GM came back and approved my application. So I called her this afternoon and she asked me when I would be able to come in to start training. I go in tomorrow at 4:30 :) This is such a relief, I have been looking for a job since November when I was basically forced to quit at the nursing home. And then it was hard because nobody wants to hire a pregnant woman. But thank the good Lord I finally got one. It might not pay a lot but its enough for me to save for a new car and be able to buy my daughter diapers. 

I think I've decided I am going to start putting Aubree into pageants. I know what you are thinking. You are thinking about crazy moms like on Toddlers & Tiaras. But, I don't want to enter her into those glitz pageants. They do have pageants that are natural. They still wear the frilly dresses and stuff but there are no fake teeth, hair and tans. I want to do it because I think that it would be fun for her and if she wins they get money and I would love to put it in a savings account for her so when she is older she can use it to buy a car or go to college. I would love for her to not have to worry about money and everything. It's a hard world out there and I just want to help my daughter be the best at what she does and who she is.

In just a few days, she will be 4 months old. I really can't tell where all the time has gone. It feels like just yesterday my water was breaking and my beautiful little girl was making her dramatic entrance into the world. She has grown so much. She is such a little smiley thing. Any chance she gets shes grinning away. Even at perfect strangers. She talks a lot now. She coos and coos. It's so adorable. I'm still waiting for her to laugh though. She hasn't yet and it's something we are working on. She acts like she's about to and then she doesn't. I feel like she will soon be sitting up by herself too. She will pull up when shes laying on you like she is trying to sit up. And my God does she have a temper. When she starts crying she will scream bloody murder. She really likes those ice pops that slide up in the plastic wrapper. I eat them all the time and she will sit there and lick it when I put it to her face. It is the cutest thing, she likes it but them scrunches up her face because it is so cold and she isn't familiar with the taste. She goes to the doctor in a few days for her check up and to get some more shots. I hope they say that I can start feeding her some rice cereal. :)



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment