»

Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Summertime Update

So this summer has been pretty eventful for Aubree and I. We have been to the lake and the pool a bunch of times with her Auntie Desirae, Uncle Jake and Rhylan. She has learned to love the water. The first time I put her in she was screaming bloody murder. Now she just lays there sucking on her pacifier enjoying the water. It is probably because it has been so hot outside lately! The temperature here in NC has been in the high 90s and we have even had some days above 100 degrees! While I love this weather it has been a bit ridiculous. 

We spent the 4th of July at the lake with Auntie Tiff, Auntie D and all of her family. I love that family. Since I can remember they have always made me feel like I was apart of the family. I have spent many a days hanging with them since I was about 12. We seperated for a few years and didn't talk, but I am so glad that they are apart of my life again. 
We went to watch her "cousin" Rhylan in the 4th of July parade that they were having in town. The lights and sirens from the firetrucks and police cars and the marching band from the high school did not phase her one bit. She just sat there being nosy and looking around at everything.
her adorable 4th outfit

waiting for the parade to start

We also had a few big milestones the last couple weeks. Aubree has discovered her thumbs finally and is starting to suck more on them then her pacifier. She also started rolling over from her stomach to her back. You can check out the video that I posted on our youtube page to see that. 
Youtube.com/BlessHerCottonSocksL

She turned 3 months on Friday. She is growing up way to fast. Sometimes, I wish she would just stop. She is constantly grinning away and her colic seems to have gone away (thank the Lord).

picture her talented Auntie Desirae took.

We will soon have more adventures to write about. A few will be challenging ones and I hope plenty more milestones and happy memories. 

As for me, I will be turning 24 on the 29th of this month. I feel so old when I look at the number but I still feel like the quiet 20 year old who needs to step out of her shell more often and start speaking up for myself and what I believe is the truth. 
I'm still working on my relationship with my Lord Jesus and trying to get more comfortable with who I am, body and mind. I have a few great friends that I can go to for anything and I know they wont judge me. They both have blogs. You should really go read them. 
vivaciousinred.blogspot.com
weretheyoungfamily.blogspot.com
and extremesavingwithcoupondivadesirae.com
they are both amazing and profound women who have a lot to say.
And Desirae is an extreme couponer. She has helped me a ton!

I'm still on the search for a job. I'm hoping and praying that I will be blessed with one very soon. I dislike other people paying for stuff for me. I have always been full of pride and feel like a deadbeat when people buy stuff for me no matter how little the cost. I would really like a job by the end of the month. My original goal was to be moved out by Christmas. Realistically I doubt that will happen but I will try my best. I was planning on going back to school in the fall but without a car to get back and forth to the college I have had to postpone those plans as well. When it rains it pours right?

I apologize for the length of this post, but it feels great to be able to write and get stuff off my chest.





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment