»

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Like I Said When It Rains, It Pours

Like I said in my last post when it rains it pours right? 
Today I was trying to clean out Aubree's clothes to see what fit her and what didn't. I had taken her onesie off because I was trying a few thing on her. She started to fuss so I stopped cleaning to feed her. While she was eating she stopped and started crying and arching her back. I looked down and notice this lump protruding from her lower left abdomen. 
I called my mom in to have a look at her. We decided to rush her to the E.R. When we got there it felt like an eternity before we were seen. I was so scared that her Diaphragmatic Hernia had come back even though I knew it was too low for it. They took some xrays of her and then we sat in the patient room for what felt like forever again. Finally my mom went out to ask if we could feed her and if anyone was gonna come and look at her. About 5 minutes later, a doctor walked in. He said that she has another hernia but this one is not life threatening. I couldn't believe it. My poor angel. He said that I needed to call her pediatrician on Monday to schedule a follow up so she could get her scheduled to meet with a surgeon. I feel terrible for her. Only just turned 3 months old and she will be having her 2nd surgery in the near future. I feel like this is my fault even though they are common in babies. I wish there was something I could do to help her. I feel as though I'm failing at being her mother. A parent is supposed to protect their child from harm and I am doing a terrible job at it. Every time I look at her I want to cry. How could God put such a tiny helpless person through so much so early? 
I will keep you guys updated on her condition as we learn more about treatment plans and such. Please keep us in your prayers.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment