»

Friday, January 25, 2013

Lemon Garlic Chicken with Red Potatoes and Green Beans

Trying to make this with 2 dogs running around the kitchen and Aubree screaming for my attention in her play pen turned out to make this recipe take almost 2 hours for me to make. I had to run back and forth to the living room to give aubree her pacifier and toys. I had cookies baking in the oven that I had to keep checking on. It was a crazy couple of hours.


2 lemons, 1 thinly sliced and 1 juiced
6 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 lb trimmed green beans
8 small red potatoes, quartered
4 chicken breasts


1. Preheat the oven to 450F. Coat a large baking dish with 1tbsp of olive oil. Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish.
2. In a large bowl, mix the remaining oil, salt, pepper, garlic and lemon juice. Add the green beans and toss to coat; use tongs or a slotted spoon and layer them over the lemon slices. Put the quartered potatoes in the bowl and coat them too. Arrange them around the edge of the dish. Place the chicken in the bowl and coat them and arrange them in the center of the dish.
3. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes. Remove the chicken and place the dish bake in the oven for about 10 more minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
4. Serve and enjoy :)


picture credit to http://samantha-greg.blogspot.com as I completely forgot to take a picture of mine.

It was just me and I was so full, so I gave away a big chunk of it to my sister to take home lol. Make some biscuits with it and you have a great dinner planned. :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment